AFSE Morning Family & Students Weekly Priorities: 10/23 - 10/27Every Sunday evening you will receive an email with important information and action items for the week. Please review and be sure to complete the action steps by the deadline to stay current with AFSE announcements.Action Item #1: PTA Photo Fundraiser, Monday, October 30 -
All students will be taking an individual photo and grade-wide photo for the yearbook. Packages can also be purchased. Please see the flyer linked below for package prices. Students will be given an envelope within the week but payment can also be sent in a regular envelope with the student's name, grade, and package desired.
Action Item #2: Fall Parent-Teacher Conferences
will be held on Thursday, November 9 at 5:30 and Friday, November 10 at 1:00 PM
. Conferences are a great way to open conversation regarding student progress and action plans for student success. Families will receive information on how to register for an appointment with teachers next week. Keep In Mind (Review Only): Understanding JumpRope: What do the numbers 1-4 mean?
In JumpRope (our new gradebook), as you check on your student's progress in each class, you'll notice a number on a scale of 1-4 next to each mastery skill. Across the school, the scale of 1-4 is used to indicate your child's current level of mastery of a skill. Here's what each number means: 4 (Professional)
- Your child has exceeded expectations for the skill or habit at this grade level 3 (Practitioner)
- Your child has demonstrated mastery of the skill or habit2 (Apprentice)
- Your child is approaching mastery of the skill or habit1 (Novice)
- Your child is in need of additional practice and/or evidence of mastery of the skill or habit“I” (Insufficient)
- There is insufficient evidence of your child's mastery of the skill or habit to assess the level of mastery
Whatever your student's current level of skill mastery may be, he or she will have multiple opportunities throughout this semester to develop. You can review the gradebook with your student and use his or her current levels of mastery to set goals. If a student has a 1 or a 2 in a skill, then he or she should devote time to developing that specific skill. For more information see our grading policy here. Student and Family Opportunities:
- AFSE Clubs are meeting regularly. Please see this flyer for a list of clubs. If there is no meeting time, please see Ms. Cameron for club information.
(NOTE: Click "List" to view the calendar with details of events)
- Washing Irving Campus Community & Construction Meeting - Monday, October 16 @ 6:00 PM
- 11th Grade iMentor Event - October 17 @ 5:30 PM
- SLT Meeting - Wednesday, October 18 @ 4:30 PM
- PTA Meeting - Wednesday, October 18 @ 6:00 PM
- Know Your Right with ICE - Wednesday, October 18 @ 6:00 PM(Irving Auditorium)
- 9th Grade PBC Overnight Trip - October 19 - October 20